Saturday, December 15, 2012

Member profile December 2012

We thought it might be fun to present our blog with a monthly member profile. We love our members so much, their relaxed attitudes and friendly faces are what makes The Body Shop special, so this feature is a homage to them.
I found the perfect member to get the first slot, she has been a member for many years and is a wonderful girl. Without further adieu...

BodyShop: Please state your name for us lovely.

Member: Jennifer Marie Collins

BodyShop: Do you live in Mammoth full time, seasonal or visiting? And how long have you been here?

Member: I live here full time. I came to Mammoth in 1999, so that’s 14 years ago. But I’ve left twice, once to live in New York and recently I lived in New Orleans for a bit. I love that place.

BodyShop: What is your occupation?

Member: I’m getting back into personal training at the moment, after a hiatus. I was a personal trainer for over 10 years here at the Body Shop Gym and I'm coming back to it now because it's a passion of mine. (For anyone who needs a personal trainer, Jennifer’s business card can be found in our office)  I also teach figure skating. I also have a lot of love for theater, I'm in a play at the Mammoth Theater at the moment.

BodyShop: How long have you been coming to The Body Shop?

Member: Since the very first day I moved to town this has been my gym of choice.

BodyShop: How often do you work out and what’s your favorite time of day for working out?

Member: I try to make it 5 to 6 times per week, and my favorite time of day is after 7.30pm. You’ve probably noticed I’m often in here right before closing.

BodyShop: What’s your favorite work out music?

Member: Dubstep! I think Bruce keeps removing the dubstep channel from the gym iPod though.

BodyShop: What other sports/recreational activities do you engage in?

Member: Skiing, dancing, ice skating, hiking around and walking my dog Butters. I also love going to music festivals such as Burning Man.

BodyShop: Which are your favorite spots to do those things around Mammoth?

Member: For ice skating the lakes of Yosemite are great. Last season we went almost every day, the lack of snow offered great opportunities for ice skating. Horseshoe lake is great for hiking, I take my dog out there for walks. The Body Shop is definitely one of my favorite spots too, I am in here a lot. But for dancing I must say I like leaving town.

BodyShop: What do you like best about The Body Shop Gym? 

Member: The members here are a bit like family, many have been coming here for a long time and everyone is so friendly. There is also no elitism here, there is no unspoken dress code and stuff like that, that you can find at many gyms. Here it's very much come as you are and we all like each other.

BodyShop: Finally, what is the one piece of work out gear you have that should probably have been retired a long time ago? (oh, come on, you know you have at least one item like that)

Member: Oh man. Well… I have this pair of Juicy Couture velour trousers. I didn’t buy them, they were given to me. I’m not really a Juicy Couture kind of girl, but these one pair of pants keeps outlasting all my other gym gear, they just won’t wear out! I'd seriously come to the gym in PJ's and Uggs if no one would laugh at me. (Note to Jennifer: No one would dare laugh at you, you're stronger than most other people attending the gym)

Jennifer is one of a few of our members who do bodybuilding, here she is at a competition in Los Angeles.


No comments:

Post a Comment